My Fashion Blvd

I wanted to start a blog to give my opinions and thoughts on one of the biggest things that inspire me on a daily basis....Fashion...lets go :*

Monday, December 13, 2010

CoCo Chanel "THE INSPIRATION"


As a young fashionista I have always heard of Coco Chanel and knew of her timeless bags, shoes, clothes,
but I never really knew her story. I think it is very important to learn the story behind a designer. I love to figure out what was the inspiration behind the collection, what was her life like before the fashion, fame and followers.

One night I layed browsing through the channels with my husband and i stumbled upon a documentary called
CoCo Before Chanel, I read the summary of the movie and was curious of what was, as I sat through the three hour movie I got a clear picture of who Gabrielle Chanel really was, she was funny, fashionable and way beyond her years, she was a true visionary when it came to simplistic fashion, a less is more type of vibe.

Cocos life was full of heartbreak and love which i think is a good place to start when reaching for a goal.
Love can motivate you to reach for the stars and heart break can make you feel so low that you have no place to go but up. 

anyway I say that to say this....fashion is always inspired by highs and lows 
and through Chanel's pieces I clearly see a sense of love and sadness in each piece.


Every day when I get dressed in the morning I try to convey confidence and love in every piece of clothing and as I walk the catwalk of maryland I only hope to inspire someone else as Coco has inspired me


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home